Offers updated on April 24, 2017
TurboTax Premier for 2017 (2016 Tax Year)
Our Most Popular Deal!
- Extra $15 offExclusively on TurboTax Premier 2017.
- Apply Coupon
- Between now the April 18th tax deadline you can buy any of the online versions of TurboTax and get up to an EXTRA 20% off the list price with the above instant coupon. For Premier, that drops the price a cool $15.00 to just $64.99 (normally costs $79.99). Unlike the traditional boxed versions, the online version is web-based which lets you work on your tax return from any internet connected PC or Mac. You can also download the free iPad or iPhone app and work from your tablet or phone. The program automatically saves your information every few minutes as you go so you easy start working from one computer and then continuing from another (helpful when you and your spouse jointly work on your tax returns together).
- Offer expires on April 18th, 2017.
Official TurboTax Promotion
- Get $15.00 offSave $15 on TurboTax Premier Desktop.
- Apply Coupon
- If you’re interested in the desktop versions of TurboTax, you’ll be able to save $15.00 with this instant coupon code when purchased at Intuit.com. Just follow the above link to activate the discount. Then at checkout you’ll have the option to download your purchase or have the disk/box come to you in the mail. You’ll also be able to save $10.00 on the Deluxe versions or to $20.00 on the Home & Business version as well with this same offer if you decide to upgrade or downgrade. This offer is only available to those purchasing the US version of TurboTax (Canada is excluded). Limit one discount per customer/purchase.
- Sale ends on April 30, 2017.
Self Employed Tax Bundle
- QuickBooks BundleGet TurboTax part of QuickBooks.
- Learn More
- For all of your self-employed small business owners, your quarterly and end of year tax relief is here! Intuit has come out with a great bundle offer where you can use QuickBooks to do your finances and then file with TurboTax. Because both products are closely integrated, the software helps you find money-saving deductions for your business, helps do the math to help easily and quickly file your quarterly taxes, and then exports your Schedule C to TurboTax at the end of year so you can file your return. This service normally costs $16.99 per month, however they are having an introductory offer right now where you can get your first year for just $11.99 per month. No longterm contacts with this plan so you can try it out and cancel at anytime down the road. We’ve put together more details about it which you can see here.
- This is an ongoing introductory offer from Intuit.
Military Discount is Available for 2017
- Military VersionAvailable exclusively at Intuit.com
- Learn more
- If you were active in the U.S. military, army, navy, marine core, or coast guard at any point in FY 2016, then there is a special version of TurboTax available to you. The Freedom Edition lets E-1 through E-5 ranking officer’s to eFile their Federal and State tax for free. Certain income restrictions will apply to be able to qualify for this deal. If you are an E-6 to E-10 ranking officer then you can also use the Freedom edition at a discounted rate of $24.99 (which is still a pretty good deal at 75% off the full price of Premier edition).
- Available to qualifying active military personnel.
Students can get TurboTax for free.
- Students!Get a break on you tax software.
- Learn More
- Being a student brings some perks with it – One of those being the discounts offered by many different companies. Once again for 2017, TurboTax is offering their software for free for students with all the support you’ll ever need (like deductions for school supplies, textbooks and tuition). The only catch is that your return has to simple so if you’re already a part-time stock investor, have a side online business, or dabble in real-estate investing, then you’ll have to pay for your software like the rest of us.
- Available only to qualifying students.
The Bundle Deal is back for 2017!
- Bundle it!Get up to $50 off when buying TurboTax with Quicken.
- Learn More
- Once again this year, Intuit has brought back the 2017 Quicken/TurboTax bundle discount when ordering it directly from one of their authorized retailers. This is a really sweet deal as you will receive anywhere between $20.00 and $50.00 off your total order when you buy a qualifying version of TurboTax with a qualifying version of Quicken 2017 software. Even if you have never used Quicken, this is an opportunity to try it our for a fraction of the full price. We’ve put together an entire page outlining your options so just follow the above link to learn more.
- Offer expirations will vary by store.
Try TurboTax Premier for Free
- Free TrialTry it before you buy it!
- Try it free
- All of the online versions of Turbotax, including the Premier version, are available to try out for free (the boxed versions do not have trial versions available, however they are all covered by a generous 60-day money-back guarantee). Unlike other software program that give you 15 to 30 days to try it of for free before locking the program, you can take as much time as you need to go through and complete you tax return. Then, once you reach the end and you refund or payment is calculated, TurboTax will require you to pay the State and Federal filing fee if you wish to sent it through them.
So how exactly does TurboTax apply the discount?
Most stores use coupon codes to apply any available discounts to your order. That means you need to have one in-hand and physically enter it at checkout. Orders from the official TurboTax store at the intuit.com site is a bit different – That’s because they use different landing pages (i.e. URL’s) to apply different savings. So when you see one of the offers we have posted here on Software Voucher, just click on the link and you should be good to go. Just remember that once you’re on the TurboTax website, you’ll need to select the product that you wish to purchase and login to your account to get the discount reflected.
See below for an example of how the savings are shown on intuit.com. If you’re your new to TurboTax or if your tax situation changed from last year, then you can just start with the “Federal Free” option and the software will recommend the upgrade if and when needed.
If you’re already on the checkout page and you don’t see the savings applied your your Premier order there could be a few things going on. One of the errors may be that you followed the link but didn’t login to your TurboTax account (that’s one of the most common errors). If that’s the case, just try one of the deals up above again to and it should work. The second most common problem is that you followed the offer link a few days ago and in the meantime, when you were completing your online return, the offer expired. You’ll find that TurboTax has a few price increases throughout the tax season and certain promotions are subject to end before you end up paying for your purchase. That’s why we recommend not waiting up until the very last moment to file your tax return because it’s possible an offer will end.
You will also notice that on the first page of the checkout process, about mid-way on the screen or so (that depends on the computer/table you’re using at the moment), that there is an area to enter something called a “service code”. TurboTax uses service codes to match your purchase with help pre-purchase help provided by one of their phone or chat customer representatives. You won’t need to enter anything here unless you have one of these codes already.
In terms of other promotions, specifically TurboTax partner deals with financial institutions like Capital One, Bank of America, Citi, Visa, or Chase, or other membership organizations/credit unions like AAA, SunTrust, AARP, etc., there may be some available for you this year. However we don’t have the specific details or list for 2017 so just give your bank a call to see if there are any customer discounts available. We’ve just found in the past that many of the offers through these partnerships are nearly identical to the official discounts that we already have posted here on Software Voucher so it’s usually not worth the hassle finding them.
Where did the TurboTax Refund Bonus Offer go?
If you were looking forward to the Amazon-TurboTax Refund Bonus where, if you filed with Premier Desktop, you could get 10% extra cash added to the Federal refund that was coming your way if elected to put it on an Amazon gift card, then so were we. However to our surprise, the offer didn’t return for 2016 after a strong multi-year run. It’s really a shame because for many folks the amount they earned from the refund bonus deal was more than the cost of filing with TurboTax itself.
But as bad as that news is for returning TurboTax customers, then good bit of news is that H&R Block took over the refund bonus offer. They have a nearly identical offer where you could choose to earn 5% to 10% extra on your Federal refund if you put the amount coming to you on an Amazon gift card. The only catch appears that you need to buy the software from Amazon directly as well (nothing is mentioned at hrblock.com about it).
You just have to remember that if you owe extra taxes for the 2016 tax year, thus not receiving a Federal tax refund, then you won’t be able to participate in this promotion. Plus, there is a gift card cap so if you’re so lucky to be expecting such a large tax refund, then you won’t be able to elect more on your total amount designated for the gift card(s).
If you’re interested in trying H&R Block’s at home tax software and taking advantage of their bonus refund deal, then be sure to see our complete list of deals available through April 24, 2017 on Basic, Deluxe, Premium, and Premium & Business versions to save up to 20% on the software itself.