Page updated on Feb 8, 2016
TurboTax Deluxe for 2016 (for the 2015 tax year)
Our Most Popular Deal!
- Get $20.00 OFFSave instantly at the TurboTax Store.
- Get this Deal
- To help you get an early start on your taxes this year, TurboTax has put all of their online versions on sale now through the end of the month. Choose from Deluxe, Premier or Home & Business. For the Deluxe version, it’s on sale for $34.99 (it’s normally $54.99). The $20.00 savings is over 30% off the standard list price. And because it’s 100% web based software, you don’t need to install anything on your commuter and can complete your 2015 tax return from any internet-connected device (including your iPad, phone, work or home computer, etc.).
- Valid through on February 28, 2016.
Official Intuit Promotion
- Up to $20 offOn desktop versions of TurboTax.
- Apply Coupon
- TurboTax also lets you save $10.00 to $20.00 on the desktop version of TurboTax Deluxe for the 2015 tax year when you order it directly from Intuit. That comes out to be about 25% off the list price for the Deluxe version and a little bit more for the Home & Business version. This promo code is automatically applied to your order when you follow the above link – You’ll see the discount reflected when selecting which version to order.
- This offer expires April 15th, 2016.
Take advantage of the bundle offer.
- Bundle it!When buying TurboTax & Quicken together.
- Learn More
- If you’re a Quicken user, then the best time to upgrade to the 2016 version if you haven’t done so already is with the TurboTax/Quicken bundle discount. Now at a number of qualifying stores (including directly from Intuit) you can receive $20.00 to $50.00 off when buying both qualifying software versions together in the same order. Some stores offer an instant discount while others will require you to print and send in the proper rebate form along with your proof of purchase and order receipt to request for your gift card. Follow the above link to see our full page outlining the options that are available to you this year.
- Discounts and expiration dates will vary by store.
Military Discount Available
- Military VersionFor active-duty military personnel.
- Learn more
- If you or your spouse (if filing jointly) are actively employed by the military, navy, army, marines, or national guard, then you may qualify for the free or discounted “Freedom Edition” version of TurboTax. To qualify, your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) will need to be less than $57,000 for the 2015 tax year and your rank can not be higher than an E-5. If you are classified as an E-6 to E-10 officer then your Federal tax return is available at a discounted rate of $24.99 through the Freedom Edition. Follow the above link to learn more.
- Available to active and qualifying military personnel.
An official TurboTax software reseller.
- Get 35% OFFDeluxe on sale now at Amazon.
- Learn More
- One of the stores that is wildly popular to pick up TurboTax software is Amazon. Not only is is easier to pick out the right version for you by reading the customer feedback, but they often have the lowest prices available. At the time of writing this update, we found the download version of TurboTax Deluxe 2015, with Federal and State return included, for nearly 35% off the list price. The boxed desktop version is on sale as well, but it’s priced a little bit more at the moment (probably to cover the storage and shipping costs). Just keep in mind that prices tend to fluctuate daily so at the moment the sale price may be a little bit more or less than when we’re quoting here.
- Prices are subject to change without notice – See Amazon.com for the sale price.
Get the TurboTax Student Discount
- Students!Students get a break on TurboTax software.
- Learn More
- As a student you have more important things to worry about than thinking about your tax return, and even more so, how you’re going to pay for it. TurboTax has you covered this year by letting students file their tax returns for free. You’ll be able to use forms 1040EZ or 1040A and be able to deduct all of your school related expenses (i.e. textbooks and tuition fees). Certain restrictions apply when using the student version of TurboTax so be sure to see their terms and conditions for full details.
- Open for qualifying students only.
The Norton Turbotax Bundle Offer
- Norton BundleThe Norton-Turbotax Bundle offer is back!
- Buy Now
- Norton and TurboTax have teamed up again this year to offer their bundle discount and it’s available exclusively at Amazon. Save up to an extra 10% when buying TurboTax Deluxe 2015 along with Norton Security Deluxe (which is all new for 2016). To take advantage of this deal, simply buy the bundle set a posted and the discount will be reflected in your cart. Just note that there is a limit of one bundle discount per person/household.
- Offer set to expire on April 15th, 2016.
Self Employed Tax Bundle
- QuickBooks BundleGet TurboTax part of QuickBooks.
- Learn More
- If you’re a small business owner, independent contractor or freelancer are using, or are thinking about using, QuickBooks to run your accounting, then you check out the QuickBooks Self Employed option that includes TurboTax software part of the package. For $11.99/month for your first year ($16.99/month thereafter) you’ll get full access to QuickBooks Online to ease up your finances and be able to file your tax return annually using TurboTax Home & Business. Intuit boasts that QuickBooks Self-Employed users find “an average of $3,809 in potential tax savings per year” so if that’s the case, then it’s worth at the very least trying it out for a month or two (you can cancel it at any time). We’ve put together more details about it which you can see here.
- This is an ongoing offer from Intuit.
Anyone can try TurboTax for Free
- Try it FreeTurboTax Online lets you try it free.
- Try it free
- If you’ve never filed with TurboTax before, you are thinking about doing your taxes for the fist time this year, or if you’re looking to switch from another tax software program then you can try the online versions of TurboTax for free. Unlike other software programs that give you a predetermined time period to test out their software, you can start working on your tax return and get just about to the very end right before filing without paying anything. You’ll see all your deductions, how big of a refund you’ll get, and most importantly, how much you made all together last year. Only once you decide to complete your tax return, you will be required to purchase the specific version you were using before eFiling. This offer is open to all customers, both new and returning clients.
How do these TurboTax offers work?
Unlike many other online stores that have a discount code box located somewhere on the checkout page, you’ll find that TurboTax doesn’t have one. That’s because any orders completed from the official TurboTax store implement any available discounts automatically to your shopping cart when you follow the advertised link (typically it leads you to a special landing page with the promotion listed). Once there, just choose the product that you wish to purchase (i.e. the Deluxe version) and login to your existing TurboTax account. If you don’t have one then you’ll have the option to create a new one for free before you proceed.
You may also run across a box on the checkout page where it asks you to enter a “service code”. A service code is not a coupon but rather an opportunity to link your order with any help that you may have received from a TurboTax customer support representative. If you chatted or talked to one before making your purchase, and they provided a code for you to use, then this is where you’ll be able to enter it.
If in year’s past you used a discount from Bank of America, Vanguard, Citi Bank, AAA, Capital One, Visa or from any other financial institution or Credit Union, then some of these offers may or may not be still available for 2016. You can contact the companies where you have an account/are a customer to see if they are partnered with TurboTax again this year. Just remember that offered can not be stacked so choose the one that gives you the lowest price. Plus, keep in mind that prices tend to go up late in the tax season and are subject to expire before you end up paying your purchase.
Does the desktop version of Deluxe include full Schedule C in 2016?
If you’ve been using the desktop/download version of TurboTax Deluxe for several years, then you probably affected when last year Intuit decided to pull Schedule C forms from Deluxe. That forced many clients, if not most clients, to upgrade to a higher, more expensive version of the program. Well, good news is that support is back in the 2015 versions of Deluxe desktop just like it always was. We’ve posted a full article on the details and a summary of the tax forms included in both the online and desktop versions (funny thing is that even though they share the same name, then the form support differs between the two).
Is a State Return Included With TurboTax?
That depends because some desktop versions include it and some don’t, so be sure you pay attention to which version you’re getting. It’s not the end of the world if you get a version that doesn’t have it because you can always upgrade, but often you’ll pay less if you get a version that already includes the State tax return.
In terms of the Online versions of TurboTax, including Deluxe, all the prices quoted when you select one of the options do not include the State return. Normally it costs an extra $39.99 (with free e-file) but through most of the tax season when you use one of our official promo codes, you’ll get it for around $36.99 or so. Because you pay for TurboTax Online when you complete your tax return, there’s nothing you need to do upfront to have it added to your order – Just complete your Federal tax return and then the software will guide you through your State return as well.