Offers verified on Feb 8, 2016
Our Most Popular Deal!
- Get $25 OFF!At the official TurboTax Store!
- Get this Deal
- You can now save from $20.00 to $25.00 on any of the three most popular online versions of TurboTax this week for all of you early-birds sending in your returns in early this year! That’s up to 35% off your order from the official TurboTax Store. The Deluxe version is on sale right now for $34.99 vs. the regular price of $54.99, Premier for $54.99 vs. $79.99 and Home & Business for $79.99 vs. $104.99. Just follow the above link to activate this discount (you’ll have it applied to your order once you login at the TurboTax website). This offer is available exclusively at Intuit.com, the makers of TurboTax. Just hurry as it’s set to expire in mid-March (you’ll have to file your online tax return and pay for the software before then to take advantage of the offer).
- Offer expires on March 18th, 2016.
An Official Intuit Software Reseller
- Up to $35 OFFTurboTax now on sale at Amazon!
- Learn More
- Amazon, one of TurboTax’s top resellers, has select versions now on sale starting at $20.00 off for Deluxe to $35.00 off Premier and Home & Business. At the moment it seems like you’ll save the most (precentage-wise) on the Premier version (it comes out to be nearly 40% off) but regardless of the version you choose, it’s unlikely you’ll find a lower price on the desktop versions at any other store or reseller. You’ll also be able to select from both the boxed versions with the installation disc inside (most orders will qualify for free shipping) and the download versions which let you download and install the software as soon as you make your purchase. What’s great about the downloadable versions is that you can start working on your tax return immediately and don’t have to wait for a few days for the disk to arrive in the mail. Also keep in mind that prices are subject to change and vary without notice so see amazon.com for more offer details and today’s sale price.
- Sale prices may vary. See store for details.
The Quicken Bundle Offer is Back for 2016!
- Quicken Bundle$20 to $50 off with the Quicken-TurboTax Bundle.
- Learn More
- If you’re a user of Quicken, then this is a good time of year to consider upgrading your older copy of Quicken to one of the new 2016 versions. Intuit is offering a bundle discount through when you TurboTax and Quicken together through them directly or at some of their major resellers. The most popular place to pick up this deal is at Amazon where the bundles already include the discount in the price. Intuit also has a direct offer where you may qualify for the free Starter version or 50% off Deluxe, Premier or Home & Business. Or you can head on over to NewEgg where you can make your own bundle with any of the qualifying Turbotax and Quicken 2016 versions they have in stock. Just note that each store has different policies and only a limited number of versions will qualify for this offer (some might require a rebate form while others offer an instant discount). We’ve put an entire page together of the offers available so just follow the above link to learn more about the options currently available to you.
- Offer expirations will vary by retailer.
Qualifies for the Low Price Guarantee
- Price MatchAvailable at your local retailer.
- Learn More
- Now if you’re one of those people that like to buy software from your local in-town store, then we have another deal just for you. Most often the traditional brick and mortar stores have their items priced more than the online ones listed above. Well, what most of us don’t realize is that a majority of local stores have price match policies in place to help them be more competitive with their online counterparts. So if you like to shop at Staples, Best Buy, Office Depot any number of other local outlets, them be sure to come prepared with a posted sale price from one of Intuit’s authorized resellers and you should be able to have the store manager match the price right there on the spot for you. Of course restrictions and exclusions might apply, which may vary from store to store, so be sure to visit your local reseller for full offer details.
TurboTax for Students
- Students!Students get a break on their taxes.
- Learn More
- Ah, those were good times as a student… parties, friends, cross country road trips, and not a care in the world (for the lucky folks that had their parents fund their education). Oh, and of course the discounts. Turbotax offers students to ability to file their tax return for free using their software. Their free version includes tax forms 1040EZ/1040A for simple tax returns, with all the support you need to process your college related expenses (textbooks, tuition, rent, etc.). Just keep in mind that if your working or running a side business and have investment or business related deductions, then you’ll have to upgrade to one of the paid versions of TurboTax software.
- Open only to those who qualify.
Self Employed Tax Bundle
- QuickBooks BundleQuickBooks-TurboTax Bundle Discount.
- Learn More
- Another one of the bundle deals available this tax season is the QuickBooks bundle that’s specifically tailored for self-employed individuals who both file their own tax returns and use QuickBooks to manage their finances/customers. For $11.99/month for your first year 12-months of membership (later it becomes $16.99/month), you’ll get QuickBooks Online and full access to TurboTax Home & Business to file your State and Federal tax return. What’s nice about it is that QuickBooks calculates your quarterly estimated taxes automatically and maximizes your deductions with Schedule C categorization, and then with just a few clicks you can import your data into TurboTax. That’s helpful to cut down the time it takes you to complete your taxes and helps you be more accurate when you send in your quarterly estimated taxes.
- This is an ongoing offer from Intuit.
TurboTax is free for qualified military families
- Military FREETake advantage of the free military deal.
- Learn More
- Did you know that you may qualify for free software from TurboTax in 2016? You may even be able to receive waived state and federal filing fees. Special offers are available to qualifying low income individuals/households and those in active military duty or who where in active service in some or all of the 2015 calendar year. Follow the above link to learn more about the eligibility requirements and how you can signup.
- Visit Intuit.com for offer details and qualifications.
Norton-Turbotax Bundle Offer
- Norton BundleThe Norton-Turbotax Bundle Offer
- Learn More
- Norton and TurboTax have teamed up again this year to offer their bundle discount. Save when buying select versions of TurboTax 2015 tax preparation software along with Norton Security software (new for 2016) at Amazon. To take advantage of this deal, simply select one of the bundle sets at Amazon.com and the discount will be automatically reflected in your cart (you’ll have a few different options to choose from). Just note that there is a limit of one bundle discount per person/household.
- Offer expires on April 15th, 2016.
Free Trial Available for TurboTax Online
- Free TrialTry TurboTax Online risk-free!
- Learn More
- If you’ve never used TurboTax, you’re switching from another tax program or are doing your own taxes this year for the first time, then TurboTax will let you try out their software before you pay for it. Just follow the above link and then select the version that you would like to try. You’ll be able to complete most of your tax return and see how the program works before paying for it (and see an estimate of the tax refund you may qualify for). If you decide to complete and file, just continue and purchase the program. If not, just stop once it asks you to provide your payment information. At this step you’ll be able to either save your work to come back at a later date or delete the free account that you created.
How do I apply a TurboTax Discount or Service Code?
Unlike other companies that use the traditional “promo code” boxes at checkout, TurboTax uses click-through coupons. That means, any discounts currently available at intuit.com are applied to your order when you physically follow the posted offer link. Then once on their site, you’ll see the sale price clearly marked. Then just make your selection and continue your purchase.
Don’t get this confused with a “service code” which you’ll see at checkout. TurboTax doesn’t apply general discounts through the service code section, rather, uses it for special case-by-case circumstances (like to record an order to a customer representative that helped with the purchase).
If you’re not planning on filing (i.e. paying) for your tax return today using TurboTax, and instead are just beginning to work on your return using one of the online editions, then it’s just important to pay attention at checkout that the offer you selected today is still reflected in your account once it’s time to pay for the software (that when it’s redeemed, not at the click date). Sometimes if you wait too long, the deal can expire before you have a chance to pay (there’s usually a price increase from Intuit in mid-February). If that happens, just save your return and come back here to find another coupon to use.
Below is an example of what you should see after you follow one of the available offers – Just remember that this is only an example and the exact pricing/savings will depend on the ultimate one one that you choose from those available at the time of purchase.
If you’re new to TurboTax or your 2015 tax situation has changed and you don’t know which version to choose, then it’s not a big deal. That’s because TurboTax automatically guides you though any upgrades you’ll need. So you can you just start with the “free” option and as you go through your tax forms and upload your W2 and/or 1099 forms, complete the investments sections, etc., you’ll be given the option to upgrade if needed.
What about some of the other TurboTax offers out there?
So there are a number of other partner offers from TurboTax out there, like from banking institutions, including Bank of America, Chase, AAA, Capital One, and Vanguard, as well as a number of credit unions (Navy Federal Credit Union and Pentagon Federal Credit Union are the two most popular ones). However, we no longer track any of these partner/client promotions so you’ll have to check with your bank directly to see if they are offering anything for 2016. However, at the end of the day, you’ll find anyway that the discounts listed here are often the same or better than any of those partner offers anyway. If you’re still interested in learning more about the ones available, then contact your favorite bank, credit card company, or credit union to see if they are partners with TurboTax this year, and if so, how much you can save if purchased through them.
Is my State return included in TurboTax?
For most tax filers, like us here in California, you’ll also need to file a State tax return. Others, like in Nevada, don’t need to because those residents don’t pay State income tax. That’s why you’ll notice that you can purchase TurboTax, specifically the desktop versions, with or without your State return. Of course it’s cheaper without it and you’ll find that in most, if not all, cases it’s cheaper to buy it upfront in the desktop version that getting it later on as an add-on.
As far as the online versions go, it doesn’t matter as it’ll get added to your account when needed as you go. But just remember that the prices posted on TurboTax’s website for all the Online versions exclude the State return. The cost will vary depending on when you end up filing and if you have an active coupon applied to your account, but often it’s around $36.99 per each State return that you e-file. So be sure to take that into consideration when estimating your final cost of the software.
It’s also worth mentioning that TurboTax’s pricing tends to change throughout the tax season. Usually, the closer that we get to the tax deadline (this year it’s on April 18th for those filing individual and joint tax returns), the less offers we see and ultimately the more we end up paying. As always you can count on us here at Software Voucher to continue monitoring the best promotions all the way up through 2016 to help you save the most possible on your purchase.
Picked the Wrong TurboTax Version? Then you can Upgrade, Downgrade or Get a Refund.
If you picked the wrong venison of TurboTax, then in most cases it’s not a big deal because you’ll be able upgrade to a more powerful version of the software (of course at an additional upgrade fee) or downgrade to a lower version. Downgrading is a bit more difficult but possible if you haven’t yet paid for the software (for the Online versions). If you bought a Desktop copy of the software no later than in the last 60 days, then you’ll be able to apply for a refund. Then you can re-purchase the correct venison of the program.