Updated November 22nd, 2014: TurboTax has has just made all of the boxed and online versions available for preordering at Intuit.com. The product will be shipping in early December in the United States (expect the Canadian versions in January). If you signup now, you’ll also be able to take advantage of the early-bird sale. Your options are listed below.
Boxed Versions (CD and downloads):
- Basic 2014: on sale for $19.99 (normally $29.99) with Federal return included.
- Deluxe 2014: on sale for $59.99 (normally $69.99) with Federal and State returns included.
- Premier 2014: on sale for $89.99 (normally $99.99) with Federal and State returns included.
- Home & Business 2014: on sale for $99.99 (normally $99.99) with Federal and State returns included.
- Business 2014: on sale for $149.99 (normally $159.99) with Federal return included.
- Federal Free Edition: Free!
- Deluxe 2014: on sale for $29.99 (normally $49.99) with Federal return included.
- Premier 2014: on sale for $49.99 (normally $74.99) with Federal return included.
- Home & Business 2014: on sale for $74.99 (normally $99.99) with Federal return included.
For 2015, most versions also qualify for the Turbotax-Amazon gift card offer where you can elect to have part or all of your Federal refund given to you in the form of an Amazon gift card. When you do, TurboTax will bump up to an extra 10% of the value of your return for free.
We are once again slowly approaching that dreadful time of year where we have to pay our dues to the tax man. For those that are users of TurboTax, you can expect the new versions to be released in December 2014 in the United States and in January 2015 in Canada. You will usually see the online editions available at turbotax.intuit.com about two weeks before retail outlets receive the boxed versions.
Do we expect to see any changes in TurboTax for 2015?
Besides software updates adjusted to the changes in the tax code, we don’t expect to see any dramatic changes to any of the TurboTax versions this year. We’re expecting the same versions to still be available for tax year 2014 (Free Edition, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business, and Military) with a possibility of slight improvements to their iPad app. As a user of TurboTax myself, I would love to see an improved update process. It seems like every time I would open the program it had new updates to install that would take 10 or more minutes to install. We would also like to see all versions include the State return (which most people are required to file) vs. being charged the extra fee on top of the Federal filing fee to order it.
What would you like to see changed in TurboTax?
Leave your wish list and product improvement suggestions below.