We’ve been watching software deals for several years now and by far some of our favorite ones come in bundles. It’s easy to overlook the bundle deals out there as sometimes they are not openly advertised. Yet some of them really drop the price so low that you’re in essence paying just a few bucks more to get another title for free. As with all bundles, some of them are not really attractive or throw in something that you’ll never use at all. That’s why we’re breaking down our favorite software bundles this season. Just note that some deals have specific expiration dates while others are ongoing offers so be sure to see the details posted at the resellers website for more details. OK, here we go!
Tax Software Bundles
If you’re one of the millions of people that file taxes online from home, then there are several attractive deals from both TurboTax and H&R Block.
- TurboTax and Quicken – This is probably the most popular deal during tax season; Save up to $30.00 when you buy select versions of TurboTax and Quicken together. There are several different version combinations depending on the version of TurboTax that you typically purchase (Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business, etc.) and the version of Quicken that you need. There are several stores that have this deal, but the two most popular places to pick it up are Amazon and Staples. With Amazon, there is no rebate form required as the discount is built into the bundle price shown already. However with Staples, you will need to send in a rebate by mail to get the discount. Learn more about the specifics of this deal and how to take advantage of this offer.
- TurboTax or H&R Block with PDF Converter Professional 8 – If it’s time for you to upgrade your PDF software and don’t want to over pay on Acrobat Pro, then consider this bundle. When purchased with select TurboTax 2013 versions, you’ll get and $20.00 off Nunace PDF Converter Professional 8 when purchased together at Amazon. Best of all, it’s already on top of the sale prices listed in store (now up to 60% off) so you’re getting it for almost nothing.
- TurboTax or H&R Block with Dragon NaturallySpeaking Home V12 – Similar to the PDF Converter deal above, you can also pick up a copy of Dragon Home and save $20.00 on the bundle. If you haven’t used Dragon software before then it’s worth trying as it’s one of the most popular programs made to help you turn your speech into text (especially useful for those that are either slow types or need to write a lot). Offer available at Amazon.
- H&R Block and Norton 360 – If you use H&R Block at Home software for completing your taxes, then the last option you have is to bundle it with Norton 360 to save $15.00 on your entire purchase. This bundle gives you 12 months of antivirus and internet security protection for either your Mac or PC. Best of all, this version lets you install the software and have full protection on up to 3 machines.
- Norton 360 and Quicken Willmaker 2014 – In light of some of the catastrophes that we’ve seen recently (particularly hard hit for me was the disappearance of Malaysia Flight MH370 as I flew through that airport only a month earlier), I bought Willmaker 2014 this year in order to make my final wishes clear incase something would happen to me. It’s pretty easy to use and definitely worth trying rather than going through a costly attorney. If you decide to pick it up and bundle it with Norton 360, you can now save up a whopping 65% on your order. Learn more.
- Norton 360 and Windows 7 or 8 – If you’re considering downgrading to Windows 7 (I did it myself as I just can’t stand the tiles on Windows 8) or want to upgrade to Windows 8 (be sure to know what you’re getting yourself into here), then you can save up an extra 5% on your your order (about $8.00 worth).
Personal Finance Software Bundles
- Quicken 2014 and Quicken Willmaker – Last but certainly not least is the Quicken Willmaker bundle. Pick up Quicken Deluxe 2014 and Willmaker 2014 and save over $18.00 vs. purchasing them separately. With Willmaker you can make a fully customized estate plan with a Will and any final heath care directives (i.e. your final wishes if your on life support or critically paralyzed).
Of course there are a number of other software bundle deals out there but these are our favorite. If you have one that you think we’ve missed, then let us know in the comments below!