Updated September 8th, 2015: On1 has just announced the new, shorter named On1 Photo 10 (aka Perfect Photo Suite 10)!! All orders starting today at on1.com will receive a free upgrade once it’s released in late October. Plus customers who order ON1 Photo 10 by September 24th will not only will be able to get a copy of Perfect Photo Suite 9 to use now, but also will receive several bonus extras for pre-ordering early. The bonuses include:
- A Family License Pack ($200.00 value). You’ll be able to install ON1 Photo 10 on up to 5 computers (Mac or Windows).
- ON1 Photo 10 Training ($50 value). In-depth video courses from Matt Kloskowski with over 10 hours of ON1 Photo 10 training.
- 3 months of ON1 Photo Magazine (a $10.00 value). Exclusive training and content in a monthly eMagazine for ON Photo 10 users.
So what’s new in ON1 Photo 10? Here are the some of the major improvements that you’ll see in this next release:
- Browse module – Lightning fast. New Albums and Smart Albums features. Access to photos on popular cloud devices. Sync photos with your devices using the new Photo Via mobile app.
- Portrait module – Faster speed, performance, and overall quality has been greatly improved. Completely redesigned for optimum workflow efficiency. Finding multiple faces in a portrait image has never been this fast or efficient.
- Photo Via – Sync your albums, smart albums and your favorite folders of photos with your mobile devices with our new Mobile App. We will be rolling out Photo Via in two phases, the first will be this fall with ON1 Photo 10 and the second in the first quarter of 2016. Taking your desktop photos with you and syncing your mobile camera shots back to your desktop is nothing new. Having complete flexibility to use ANY mobile editing app with your favorite desktop editing app IS new.
- New Export Features – Take a single photo, or a group of photos, and create whatever size and file format you need. It does the important file conversions, color conversions and file renaming you need when printing or sharing. It will also include all the power and features of ON1 Resize (aka Genuine Fractals) for cropping and resizing.
- Presets & User Extras – All presets and user extras that customers may have on their machine from previous versions will all automatically integrate and merge into the new version.
But what if you just purchased a full or upgrade version of ON1 Photo Suite 9.5? Well, if it’s been less than 30 days, we recommend that you contact OnOne’s customer service as a soon as possible. They should be able to either help you get a free upgrade or help you return and repurchase the software with this free upgrade offer. If you’re past 30 days from your purchase it may be difficult to do anything but it’s still worth calling the folks at On1 to see if there is anything that can be done.
Updated August 16th, 2015: It’s that time of the year again where start to keep an eye out for the upcoming release of Perfect Photo Suite 10. And based on the rumblings of what we’re heard so far, we expect this release date to be inline with the others from the last few years. You can expect On1 to announce Perfect Photo Suite 10 in October and release it in early November 2015. But of course there is no guarantee that things won’t change and if they do, we’ll updated everything we know here on Software Voucher.
Here’s a look at the Perfect Photo Suite release date history:
- Perfect Photo Suite 9.5 – Released on April 13, 2015 (this is a free upgrade to those on version 9.0).
- Perfect Photo Suite 9.0 – Announced on September 2, 2014 and released on October 29, 2014.
- Perfect Photo Suite 8.5 – Released in May 13, 2014.
- Perfect Photo Suite 8.0 – Announced on September 5, 2013 and released on November 26, 2013.
- Perfect Photo Suite 7.5 – Released in June 4, 2013.
- Perfect Photo Suite 7.0 – Released in September, 2012.
- Perfect Photo Suite 6.1 – Released in May of 2012.
- Perfect Photo Suite 6.0 – Debuted in September 2011.
What happens if you just purchased Perfect Photo Suite 9?
When it comes to software, there’s nothing worse that buying a copy of the latest program just to have it become outdated soon after with a newer release. OnOne Software historically announces their releases weeks ahead so you’ll likely know something is coming well in advance. For both versions 8.0 and 7.0 they gave free upgrades to all those that purchases after the announce but before the actual release. And if for some reason a new version comes at a complete surprize to everyone, you don’t have to worry becuase you’re all orders made at on1.com are covered by a 30-day no-questions-asked return policy. So if a new version comes out during this window, you’ll be able to either return it or request for a free upgrade.
Our Perfect Photo Suite 10 Wish List
Before we jump into our wish-list, we just wanted to say kudos to On1 for going from being a stricty plug-in product to a full blown stand alone alternative for Lightroom and Photoshop (we’ve stopped using many of the filter-based apps in PS and just use Perfect Effects and B&W for most photos). And then when you compare Perfect Photo Suite to other similar programs, it’s hard to beat the features offered by On1 at this price point. But of course with that being said, it’s not perfect. Here are the improvemts that we hope to see in version 10:
- Improved performance with multiple filters – If you’re using multiple filters on your photos, you can the program to bog down a bit. We would love to see improved performance, ideally taking advantage of your computer’s GPU (graphics processing unit) for image-intensive tasks. That’s what we just saw in the last Lightroom 6 release.
- More of an Adobe killer – However great the transition has been to being a stand-alone product, we still need to use both Lightroom and Photoshop for some of our advanced editing needed. We hope that On1 continues to focus on making Perfect Photo Suite a full blown alternative to Adobe’s Creative Cloud products.
What do you want to see improved in Perfect Photo Suite 10?
Is there something that you would like to see added, changed or improved on Perfect Photo Suite 10? Then let us know in the comments section below!