Page verified on June 13, 2017
H&R Block Tax Software, Basic 2016 Edition (2015 tax year)
Our Most Popular Deal!
- Get 15% offwith instant coupon at hrblock.com.
- Apply Coupon
- We’ve partnered with H&R Block this year to bring you a special 15% off store-wide coupon when ordering there tax preparation software directly at hrblock.com. Simply follow the above link and the coupon will be applied for you. You’ll see the original prices crossed out at with the 15% savings reflected. For Home Basic the price comes out to be $16.96 without the State return (add on an extra $19.99 with State eFile). The same percentage savings are reflected if you decide to upgrade to a more advanced version.
- Expires on June 30, 2017.
Qualifies for the Low Price Guarantee
- Now on Sale& with price match at Target.
- Get this Deal
- If you prefer to just pick your tax software at the store and not have to worry about either downloading it online or waiting a few days for the box to arrive in the mail, then you can still get a great deal. Many of the largest resellers, like Target or Best Buy, have a written price match guarantee. If you come to them and show that a competitor has a lower advertised price on the exact same product, then they will price match it right there on the spot (even Amazon’s prices!). But just as with all of there types of guarantees there will be certain restrictions and it will be up to the store manager to honor it.
H&R Block Refund Bonus Offer
- Extra 10%Get an extra 10% back!
- Learn More
- Back again for 2016, H&R Block is once again offering their bonus refund offer where you can get up to an extra 10% back on your Federal refund if you elect to receive part or all of it in the form of a gift card. And unlike the TurboTax refund offer from last year which only let you choose an Amazon gift card, you can choose to receive your refund and bonus from one of dozens of different retailers. That includes Amazon, Best Buy, iTunes, REI, Nordstrom and others. For the Basic version it’s only 5% back so consider upgrading to Deluxe or higher to get up to 10% back. Follow the above link to learn more about this offer and for more details.
- This deal ends on April 15th, 2016.
Try H&R Block Premium for Free
- Free TrialTry H&R Block at Home for free.
- Learn More
- If you’re searching for the best tax prep software for 2016 then be sure to take advantage of all of the free trials that are out there. H&R Block, TurboTax, and many of the other software solutions offer risk-free trials of their programs. In the case of Home Basic 2015, you’re able to try the online version directly from their official site. No download is required as it’s web-based but you will need to create a free account/user ID. Then as you complete your tax return, the last step will require you to purchase the program if you decide to file with then. At this point you can also quit and you don’t pay anything. Best of all, there is no time limit for the free trial so go as fast or slow as you like (you can save all your data as you go along).