September 26th, 2014: So we’ve been using Quicken 2015 since it was released a few days ago and must say that we really like this release (our favorite new thing being the snap and store receipt feature which you can read about in our full review).
Now for those that just purchased Quicken Starter, Deluxe, Premier, Home and Business, Rental Property Manager, or Essentials for Mac (hopefully using one of our latest Quicken special offer codes), we’ll outline one of the most common questions that we come across here on Software Voucher: How do you add a bank account in Quicken?
Adding a Bank Account(s)
Adding new or additional bank accounts into Quicken 2015 is pretty straightforward. Just follow these steps and you should be setup within minutes!
- Open Quicken on your main machine. You’ll have to be on your primary desktop or laptop as you would be able to add a new account from your mobile device.
- Locate the “Accounts” link at the top left side of your screen. Once there you will be able to select “Add Accounts” from the menu.
- Here you will choose the type of account that you would like to add and manage in your Quicken software. The most common options are either a Checking or Savings account. If you’re not sure the type of account it is, you’ll find it listed when logging in to your online bank by contacting your bank’s customer service line. As a rule of thumb, if you have a checkbook associated with the bank account that you wish to add, then it’s a checking account.
- Select your bank’s or financial institution’s name from the drop-down menu. If the bank is not on the list (which typically happens if you are trying to add a regional bank or foreign bank account) then you will need to manually add it.
- In this area you will need to provide your online bank log-in credentials. This will include your username and password that was provided by your bank. If you’ve never logged in to your bank from the internet and do not have an account setup, then you will need to set one up before proceeding (i.e. If you’re a Bank of America customer then you can create a new account at bofa.com).
- Click the “Connect” tab to sync up your bank account with your Quicken 2015 software. If you see an error connecting, then recheck the username and password that you provided. Also keep in mind that you will need to have an internet connection to be able to sync your account. If you would like to add more accounts, simply repeat these steps again.
After setup it may take a few minutes for the information to download into Quicken. But once it’s there, you’ll have the latest charts at your fingertips and see exactly where your money goes.