The all new Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13 Home and Premium editions for PC have just been announced by Nuance. So what are the improvements and new features? Is it worth upgrading if you own an older version? Let’s find out.
Dragon 13’s New Features
The folks at Nuance have been working the past 15 months on a number of improvements to NaturallySpeaking – Here’s the list of the most important improvements and enhanced features.
- Speed, speed, speed! – Dragon 13 is reported to be 15% faster and more accurate than Dragon 12. If you’re still on Dragon 11 then you’ll see about a 30% improvement. And for those if you folks on version 10, then you’ll enjoy nearly double the speed in Dragon 13. Need we say more?Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/nuance-dragon-naturallyspeaking-13-2014-7#ixzz38ChfB6an
- New “sent email” familiarization – In Dragon 12, the software learned how you speak over time at set-up and then over time. Well, Dragon 13 now learns words and phrases that you commonly use by scouring through your email’s sent-box. Connect to your Gmail, Yahoo! or other email provider and the software uses your past email to learn how you speak.
- New social network support – When Dragon is on, you can now use commands it to cheek your Facebook and Twitter accounts for updates. Then just dictate your updates or tweets and boom your’e done.
- New proofread features – Forgot about those funky words in the past where the software just couldn’t get it right. Dragon 13 now boasts 99% accuracy with a new proofreading feature where it intelligently analyzes what you say in a natural way. You also have the option of audio playback as well to go back to where it made the mistake.
- Improved microphone support – If you tired of being stuck to your “Dragon approved” headset then you’ll love the new headset-free and handsfree microphone support. Now you can use the built-in microphone in your laptop and multiple other microphones that are now supported by the program.
- Improved email and calendar support – With added web-email support (like Gmail and Yahoo!) you can respond to your friends and relatives by dictating – Including editing and sending messages without having to touch the keypad.
How much will it cost me?
Dragon’s retail pricing is in line with their previous releases – There’s no price hike or price drops this time around. You’ll find the full version or Dragon 13 Premium for sells for $199.99 and Dragon 13 Home sells for $99.99. If you have Dragon 12 or 11 and if you fulfill the upgrade eligibility requirements, then you can upgrade to Premium 13 for $149.99.
Of course our speciality here at Software Voucher is to help you find the lowest price possible on your software – Be sure to cheek out our main Dragon 13 coupon codes and discounts page to see the latest offers now available from Nuance.
- 2.2 GHz or better Intel dual core or equivalent AMD processor.
- At least 4GB of free hard drive disk space.
- Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Recommended 4 GB of RAM.
- Sound card that can support 16-bit recording.
- DVD-drive for dish installation (unless you buy the digital download format).
- Internet connection for product activation.