Before you pick up a copy of the newly released PowerDVD 15 (which we also happen to be tracking the latest coupon codes and offers for as well), be sure to see if your computer can support it. See below for the full list of system requirements and format support. Just note that system requirements for CyberLink PowerDVD 15 will vary depending on the task that you are preforming.
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1/8, 7, or Vista.
- Processor (CPU)
- For Blu-ray Disc playback: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 (2.66GHz), AMD Phenom 9450 (2.10GHz) or above
- For Blu-ray 3D playback: Intel Core i5, AMD Phenom II X4 or better.
- For TrueTheater HD and TrueTheater 3D for Blu-ray and HD video: Intel Core i5 (with 4 Cores), AMD Phenom II X6 or better.
- For DVD playback: Pentium 4 (2.4 GHz), Athlon 64 2800+ (1.8 GHz), AMD Fusion E-series & C-series or better.
- For 4K UltraHD with Hardware Acceleration: Intel 3rd generation Core i5 or better (PowerDVD supports 4K UltraHD video in H.264 / MP4 format at bitrates up to 60 Mbps
- Graphics Processor (GPU)
- Blu-ray Disc, DVD, and TrueTheater HD/3D Playback: Intel HD Graphics, ATI Radeon HD 5000, NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT or better.
- Blu-ray 3D Playback: Intel HD Graphic (Intel Core i5), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 400 series and GeForce GT 240/320/330/340, AMD Radeon HD 6000 and 6000M series with UVD 3 support.
- DVD Playback: PCI Express graphic accelerator supporting DirectX 9.0 or above.
- Blu-ray Disc playback: 2 GB required for Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8
- DVD and TrueTheater 3D playback: 1 GB required for Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8
- Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 and above recommended
- Hard Disk Space: 500 MB minimum for product installation
- Display Device
- For Blu-ray titles with AACS and DVD titles with CPRM playback, PowerDVD only allows output to display devices using DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort connector in order to be compliant with copy protection (HDCP).
- For other DVD and Blu-ray Disc playback: HDCP compliant display for digital output. TV or computer monitor for analog output
- TrueTheater 3D playback: 3D display and 3D glasses required.
- Blu-ray 3D with or without Hardware Acceleration: 3D display and 3D glasses are required (NVIDIA 3D Vision, 3D Ready HDTV, HDMI 1.4-enabled TV, Micro-polarizer LCD or Anaglyph Red/Cyan Glasses). HDCP compliant display for digital output.
- Disc Player
- Blu-ray Disc playback: BD-ROM/BD-RE or Super Multi Blu combo disc drive.
- DVD and TrueTheater 3D playback: DVD-ROM, DVD+-R/RW, DVD-RAM or DVD Super Multi combo disc drive.
- Internet connection required for initial software activation, social media connection and some codec activation.
Here’s a the full list of file formats supported in PowerDVD 15 (as of May 29, 2020):
Extract audio from video support:
- Spanish (European)
- Chinese Simplified
- Chinese Traditional
- Be sure to see the official PowerDVD 15 system requirements page at Cyberlink.com for a complete list of system requirements.