It looks like our favorite free upgrade offer for QuickBooks desktop products is back again this year. If you buy any 2014 version of QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Accountant, or Industry Edition from Intuit.com on or after August 21st, 2014 then you may qualify for a free upgrade to the 2015 version if it’s released at the end of September. The upgrade is not automatically given to all those that order so you will need to remember to make the request to Intuit’s customer service.
Here is how to redeem this offer:
- Step 1: Purchase your selected version of QuickBooks 2014 directly from the QuickBooks Store at Intuit.com. They happen to be having their end of season sale right now so you’ll be able to save 20% off on any version you choose.
- Step 2: Wait until the QuickBooks 2015 versions are released (expected before or by Monday September 29th). You can also signup to our release date notifier list (the signup form is to your right) and we will email you once it’s available and shipping.
- Step 3: With your order information ready, call Intuit’s Customer Service department at 1-888-246-8848 no later than 7-weeks after your original purchase and request for the free upgrade. They are open from Monday through Friday, 5:00am to 6:00pm pacific time. You can reference the chat session below as well.
- Step 4: Intuit will provide you with your new serial number for the corresponding 2015 version that you purchased as well as the link to the download. You do not need to install the software on the same machine, so you can decide to keep the 2014 version on one computer and the 2015 version on another.
* A couple of very important notes. First, only orders made at Intuit.com will be eligible for this offer. If you order from any other QuickBooks reseller, like through Staples or Amazon, then you will not be able to request for the free upgrade. Second, Intuit has a 7-week free upgrade window. That means that you will be eligible for the free upgrade only if you purchased QuickBooks 2014 within 7-weeks of the official release of QuickBooks 2015. For example, if you purchase it on August 12th, 2014 then the corresponding 2015 version must be available and on sale by September 30th, 2014. We, at SoftwareVoucher.com, cannot guarantee when the release date will occur as predicted (by the end of September 2014) so if anything changes at Intuit this year and the 2015 versions are not released as expected, then you many fall out of the free upgrade policy timeframe. However, all orders after August 21st, 2014 have been confirmed that they will qualify. If you already ordered and don;t believe that you will fall under the free upgrade window, the be sure to request for a full refund of your order anytime with 60-days from your purchase date and reorder again to qualify (Intuit has a 60-day return policy for all QuickBooks orders made at Intuit.com). Finally, the online editions of QuickBooks do not qualify for this offer (it’s only for the traditional desktop versions of the software).
Below you will find our chat transcript with Intuit’s customer service on August 21st, 2014. If you’ve ordered QuickBooks prior to August 21st, then it’s possible that this policy will not apply to you (but if you’re still in within the 60 day return policy window, you can still request for a refund and re-order again).
Here is our chat with QuickBooks order support on August 21st, 2014: