Updated February 1st, 2016: Did you know that by just by being a Bank of America customer, you’re entitled to some cash back perks and other discounts throughout the year? That’s right, Bank of America has both in-house tax services and partners with a number of different companies throughout the tax season to offer savings on a wide rage of products. We’ve seen deals on hotel stays from Hilton, cash back on coffee purchases at Starbucks, discounts on tax software from TurboTax, and free museum admissions around the country (one of our favorite deals!). Some offers are ongoing while others are available from time to time for a limited period, with everything that’s available at the moment posted right in your online Bank of America account.
What are the discounts now available to me?
The easiest way to see what’s available to you is to login to your Bank of America account. Offers vary by city so it’s possible that your offers will be different to what someone from another state or county will see. Once you login, just select the “Special Offers & Deals” tab. Here you’ll be able to see both the current cash and and special offers that you have access to.
On the BankAmeriDeals page, you’ll have a summary of what’s available, the promotions just expired, and how much you’ve earned so far (both pending and paid-to-date). You can also set your preferences in this sections such as setting up text message alerts when new offers or discounts go live and change your account settings where your cash back earned flows into. Plus, you will see all of the Bank of America credit or debit cards associated with your account that are eligible for the customer discount program.
If you’re a small business owner and don’t yet do your banking with BofA, then there’s also an offer where you can get $100.00 for free if you open a new qualifying business checking account. We’re not quite sure when this offer expires but it seems to be a deal that comes and goes several times per year.
Bank of America’s Museums on Us Program
The museums programs has to be one of our favorite perks. One the first weekend of every month, Bank of America covers the admission at over 150 museums, botanical gardens, and science centers across the country for you and any card holders in your family. That’s right – It’s free! The program now covers over 30 states with new ones still being added. Best of all, to get in all you need to do is show your Bank of America or Merrill Lynch credit or debit card at the ticket kiosk. If you’re planning on traveling with kids, then you can set up a student bank account for free or add them to one of your accounts so that they can get in for free too.
Here’s a list of some of the most popular places to visit and how much you can expect to save when should your BofA card:
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York city (normally $25.00 admission fee per person over the age of 12).
- Museum of Arts and Design in New York City (normally $16.00 admission fee per person over the age of 18).
- Legion of Honor Fine Arts Museum in San Francisco, CA (normally $10.00 admission fee per person over the age of 17).
- de Young Museum in San Francisco, CA (normally $10.00 admission fee per person over the age of 17).
- Art Institute of Chicago, IL (normally $20.00 to $25.00 admission fee for adults).
- Alder Planetarium in Chicago, IL (normally $29.95 per adult and $24.95 for children aged 3-11).
- Newseum in Washington D.C. (normally $22.95 plus tax for adults aged 19 to 64).
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston (adult admission is $25.00 and students/seniors get in for $23.00).
- Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum in Bristol, RI (admission for adults are $12.00, kids $4.00, and seniors $11.00).
Remember, the days will vary by month – Here’s the 2016 calendar of days that will get you in to these places for free:
You’ll find the full list of museums participating in the programs, more details, and complete hours posted at museums.bankofamerica.com.
Offers During Tax Season
Bank of America may also help you with your tax preparation. They offer Online Tax Services for Small Businesses in house to help you pay your business taxes on time, and often partner with companies link TurboTax or H&R Block to provide their personal customers with extra discounts when being referred through their site. You can check out their tax center for more details, including getting copies of your 1099-INT and 1098 forms, paper copies of old statements, and images of your canceled checks.